For a few years now, when we turned on the morning TV shows at my house, we heard, "It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Super Grover!" Well, friends, the kids aren't so little anymore. I'm no longer looking for preschool related TV programming and high quality child care and education programs. Nowadays, I find myself looking for educationally grounded summer enrichment programs that will help my child grow into all he or she can be. Without further adieu, allow me the privilege to introduce to you the world's #1 camp to help teens reach their full potential.
SuperCamp is the top camp for teens in the world. Yes, I said world. To date, they have had over 78,000 camp graduates from sixth graders to college students. It is one academic summer program that will empower your teen to truly find his or her passion and then create a path to meet his or her goals. Their program is built on the premise that if a child has a small taste of sweet success, he or she will want more and will, therefore, have an internal desire to work harder and achieve greater goals. I know success and positive feedback pushes me to work harder and our children are no different.
SuperCamp partners with college campuses across the nation and is, therefore, considered one of the most prestigious summer programs for high school students. Southwestern is the one that is close to home for most Texas residents, but Stanford, Villanova, and University of Central Florida are other locations within the United States. The other notable point about this camp is that it isn't only in the United States. It also has programs in 13 other countries world wide such as Italy, the Phillipines, Austrailia, and China.
SuperCamp is known for a variety of reasons, but here are some that set it apart from other camps:
- It's a sleep away camp for children going into 6th grade through early college ranging from six to nine nights. Depending on your child's age, he or she will be in the Junior Forum (Middle School students), Senior Forum (High School students), or Quantum Academy, which is for students entering college or in the first two years of the their college career.
- Cell phones and other electronics are strictly prohibited except during very specific times of day. SuperCamp realizes that being constantly attached to social media isn't always a good thing. Counselors and staff believe that taking a break from devices allows participants to better evaluate their habits and make positive changes moving forward.
- Learning is made fun and participants will enjoy highly interactive programming that allows them to test their theories in a hands-on environment. Couple that with awesome music, engaging activities, and lots of friends, what more could a kid as for?
- Is your teen sometimes a little difficult to handle? Have they ever begged the question, "What's in it for me?" The teens we know certainly have. While we can't keep your teens will be healthy and happy 100% of the time, we know that attending a SuperCamp program can help them to re-adjust their thinking and move in a more positive direction."What's in it for me?" The teens we know certainly have. While we can't keep your teens will be healthy and happy 100% of the time, we know that attending a SuperCamp program can help them to re-adjust their thinking and move in a more positive direction."What's in it for me?" The teens we know certainly have. While we can't keep your teens will be healthy and happy 100% of the time, we know that attending a SuperCamp program can help them to re-adjust their thinking and move in a more positive direction.
- This academic summer program for teens is built on the following six key areas: academic confidence, personal success, leadership, self-empowerment, development, and fun! This well rounded curriculum has proven to be effective year after year. Kids all across the nation have shared that SuperCamp has changed their lives for the better and that learning has never been so much fun.
If you have a kiddo in your life that is in 6th grade or higher, we cannot recommend this summer program highly enough. There are some costs associated with attending, so if money is a concern for you like it is for many of us, be sure to research some creative ways to save for summer enrichment. There is one thing we all can agree on and that is wanting our children to be successful. Give your child a leg up and check out the full SuperCamp website for more information.