When people think of summer camp, they often think of sleeping overnight in an outdoorsy setting. While that might be the first thing that comes to mind, it isn't the only kind of summer camp for kids. Day camps are widely popular in the United States today. In this post, we are going to talk about why and how attending a day camp can benefit your child.
I work from home. It sounds all good and fine and awesome, but here's the reality...summer is coming. While I wish summer meant days lying by the pool, water gun battles, and my children thinking I'm the coolest mom ever, the truth is that I have to work. And honestly, the thought of trying to keep my kids happy while I work this summer is down right overwhelming.
Summer camp is great for kids for the following reasons:
- Summer camp helps kids build relationships.
- Kids gain experience doing things they may not get to do at home.
- They will have exposure to experts.
- They are physically active.
- Summer camp gives them a break from devices.
- They get to experience and learn about nature.
- Activities at camp helps to keep their brains active throughout the summer.
- Summer camp activities build self-esteem.
- Attending camp makes kids resilient.
- Summer camp educates the whole child.