"Hey Mom!"Those are the words that many of us hear day in and day out. "Hey mom, where is my uniform?" "Hey mom, can I have a snack?" "Hey Mommy, I don't feel so good." Some days, it is almost to the point that I think if I hear those words one more time, I might lose my ever lovin' mind.
This week's featured partner post is all about Girls Empowerment Network, better known as GEN. I had the chance to chat with Claudia Arellano, Outreach Program Coordinator, and learn about this amazing program. Read on to learn all about these girl experts and how they are changing girls' lives year after year.
When people think of summer camp, they often think of sleeping overnight in an outdoorsy setting. While that might be the first thing that comes to mind, it isn't the only kind of summer camp for kids. Day camps are widely popular in the United States today. In this post, we are going to talk about why and how attending a day camp can benefit your child.
Summer camp is great for kids for the following reasons:
- Summer camp helps kids build relationships.
- Kids gain experience doing things they may not get to do at home.
- They will have exposure to experts.
- They are physically active.
- Summer camp gives them a break from devices.
- They get to experience and learn about nature.
- Activities at camp helps to keep their brains active throughout the summer.
- Summer camp activities build self-esteem.
- Attending camp makes kids resilient.
- Summer camp educates the whole child.